Thank you for visiting FableLearning.com. Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In order to provide our subscribers with access to our Products, Fable Learning may collect the following:
- Information submitted by a school administrator, teacher, librarian or other educator, such as first and last name, email address, institution address and telephone number, photo and other profile information, and username and password.
- Information submitted by a school administrator, other educator or librarian about the students in a particular school or classroom, such as first and last names, student ID numbers, usernames and passwords, and learning level. We may combine information about a student with information about his or her school, such as its location.
- Information about a student’s parent or guardian, such as names and email addresses. This information may be submitted by a teacher or by the parent or guardian, and we may associate it with the student’s information.
- Information and content submitted by a student using our Products, such as notes and student dashboard customization, including displaying his or her first name on the user dashboard, enabling a student to choose or upload a background, color scheme, or avatar image. If a teacher chooses not to set individual passwords for his or her students’ accounts, then students in the same class may be able to access each other’s notes or other work.
- Information about how, where, in a general sense (based on IP address), when, and for how long a user accesses and uses our Products, as well as what content he or she views, what actions he or she takes (including, for example, clicks, touches, and hovers using a mouse), and how he or she navigates through our Products. We gather only the minimum enrollment information provided by schools required to track that performance over time: student name, grade, teacher(s), and class(es).
- We track what books every student opens, what books they finish, how much time they spend reading. We also store students’ rankings of interest categories (Animals, Inventions, Mythology, Graphic Novels…) and favorite authors. We use this information to recommend books to students based on their grade, their interests, and their reading measure.
- We do not collect or store any information about a student’s race, socio-economic status, social security number or street address.
- Information from and about the user’s device, such as mobile device type, browser type and version, operating system name and version, IP address, and referring URL. We collect this information automatically when a user accesses our services, to help us understand usage, diagnose problems, administer our Products, and provide technical support.
- Information collected through pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) or other, similar technologies to track how a user navigates through our Products, so that we can understand, for example, what links are clicked and what content is accessed and for how long.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In addition to the uses described above, and subject to any restrictions imposed by applicable law or our agreement with our customer, we may use and disclose the information we collect:
- To permit our customers and their authorized end users (i.e., administrators and teachers) to tailor and optimize the use of our Products to the needs of a particular school, classroom, or student.
- To permit school administrators and teachers to monitor students’ performance and progress, plan lessons, and practice effective, differentiated instruction.
- To permit parents and guardians to review their children’s work and monitor their performance and progress, in compliance with The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- To understand how our Products are accessed and used, and how they perform, so that we may improve upon their design and functionality and otherwise develop and improve upon the educational efficacy of our products and services.
- To provide our school and school district customers, as well as their administrators and teachers, with various types of reports such as those detailing the performance and progress of a particular school district, school, classroom, or student(s). Logins of adults (school administrators, faculty, and librarians) can access dashboards and reports of reading progress at the grade and class level for users within the building or district. Faculty can monitor reading progress by class, grade, group, and individual for students assigned to their roster.
- We also may disclose your information in response to a subpoena or as otherwise required by law. When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Fable Learning, our Users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Service Terms and Conditions or other agreements or policies.
- To diagnose problems, troubleshoot issues, and provide maintenance and support.
- To calculate the royalties due to the owners of content appearing in our Products.
School enrollment data, reading progress statistics, the web application, and the book assets are all stored on separate and secure servers. The only way to access any of this data is through a secure and authenticated login.
We apply reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, loss, or modification.
NON-COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
FableLearning.com does not solicit Personally Identifiable Information ("PII") from children. The products we sell are intended to be purchased by adults for children.
Fable Learning supports CARU (The Children's Advertising Review Unit of the Better Business Bureau) in its efforts to regulate advertising to children. No students will ever be contacted regarding any service or opt-in marketing information.
Consistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request PII from anyone under the age of 13. We use all reasonable efforts to prevent individuals under the age of 13 from providing PII to us. FableLearning.com does not permit children under the age of 18 to place any orders. However, if individuals under the age of 13 years old should provide PII to us, their schools, parents or legal guardians should request that we delete this information from our files by sending us an email at info@FableLearning.com and we will delete this information from our files. We urge educators and parents to discuss safe Internet safety and privacy practices with their students and children.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) gives parents certain protections with regard to their children's education records. In some cases it also permits students and their parents or guardians to access certain of their own information. If you would like to seek such access, please contact your school district.
Inquiries regarding data collection or privacy practices for such products or sites may be directed to Fable Learning using the contact information provided below, or may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call us at:
+1 (978) 287-0007 ext. 106
Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (US Eastern Time).
Send a fax to: +1 (309) 405-1865
Write us at:
Fable Learning Customer Service
23 Bradford Street, Concord, MA 01742 USA
Fable Learning © 2012-2017 Isabella Products, Inc.Web Development by Web3Box Software