Common Core State Standards and Teaching Links
Teaching Links: Common Core State Standards Correlations and ActivitiesEvery eBook in the Fable Learning catalog has been evaluated and matched to appropriate Common Core Standards. The accompanying "Teaching Links" document suggests approaches and activities to enhance CCSS-related learning for that specific book. Click here to read an article about how we developed our Fable Learning Teaching Links, and how to interpret the information in those documents.
Most importantly, each individual educator knows his or her students best, and must make independent assessments about how to utilize the Fable Learning library. To maximize your use of this site and the tools that are offered, it may be helpful to first identify the purpose for which you will be using the book. Will it be a read aloud to link to a smart board or projection system? Will it be used for small group instruction with a limited number of readers? Or, will it be for independent reading and research conducted by a student working alone?
We welcome your comments and suggestions about how we can improve our offering to support your CCSS objectives.
BACKGROUND ABOUT COMMON CORE
The Common Core Standards were developed under the leadership of the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) and the National Governors Association (NGA) according to the following criteria:
- Aligned with expectations for college and career success.
- Clear, so that educators and parents know what they need to do to help students learn.
- Consistent across all states, so that students are not taught to a lower standard just because of where they live.
- Include both content and the application of knowledge through high-order skills.
- Build upon strengths and lessons of current state standards and standards of top-performing nations.
- Realistic, for effective use in the classroom.
- Informed by other top performing countries, so that all students are prepared to succeed in our global economy and society.
- Evidence and research-based criteria have been set by states, through their national organizations CCSSO and the NGA Center.
Click here to learn more about the Common Core English Language Arts Standards.
Click here to download additional resources in support of CCSS.
Fable Learning © 2012-2017 Isabella Products, Inc.Web Development by Web3Box Software